USA TODAY SportsTonight's matchup of Tim Hudson, left, and Jeremy Guthrie will be the oldest for Game 7 starters.
The Giants and Royals meet in the seventh and deciding game of the World Series tonight at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City. Here are the stats you need to know before the teams take the field:
Odds are with the Giants
• According to numberFire simulations, the Giants have a 54.7 percent chance to win tonight's Game 7.
• According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the Royals are the 61st team to trail 3-2 in the World Series.
• Like the Royals, 60.7 percent of them have forced a Game 7 (37 of 61).
• However, just 31.7 percent of them have won both Games 6 and 7 to win the series (19 of 60).
History is on the Royals' side
• The last nine times the World Series went a full seven games, the home team prevailed. The last time a road team celebrated a Game 7 win was the 1979 “We Are Family” Pirates, who won Game 7 at Baltimore’s Memorial Stadium -- a facility demolished in 2002.
• The last seven World Series teams to force Game 7 by winning Game 6 at home won the title. The last to lose was the 1975 Red Sox, who lost the follow-up to Carlton Fisk’s dramatic Game 6 home run.
• As a franchise, the Royals have won their last four World Series elimination games, dating back to a 6-1 win over the Cardinals in Game 5 of the 1985 World Series.
• In those games, including Tuesday night’s Game 6, Kansas City has outscored its opponent 29-2.
Eldest Game 7 matchup
Oldest Pitching Matchup in Decisive World Series Game
Tim Hudson- Jeremy Guthrie
Roger Clemens- Curt Schilling
Walter Johnson- Vic Aldridge
George Earnshaw-Burleigh Grimes
Elias Sports Bureau
• According to the Elias Sports Bureau, tonight’s matchup between San Francisco’s Tim Hudsonand Kansas City’s Jeremy Guthrie is the oldest combined meeting of Game 7 starting pitchers in World Series history.
• At 39 years, 107 days old, Hudson is 15 days older than the previous elder statesman of Game 7 starters, Roger Clemens, who set the mark with a no-decision for the Yankees against the Diamondbacks in a 2001 loss.
• Elias also tells us that Hudson, who went 9-13 during the 2014 regular season, has the lowest winning percentage (.409) of any starter in a winner-take-all game in World Series history. Only four other pitchers to pitch this type of game even had a losing record during the preceding regular season: Johnny Podres in 1955 (9–10, .474), Jon Matlack in 1973 (14–16, .467), Hal Gregg in 1947 (4–5, .444) andLiván Hernández in 2002 (12–16, .429).
Victory Eagle Sports Garment Co. ,Ltd is a custom sublimationsportswear manufacturing and exporting company. Our clothing includes custom baseball jerseys,custom fishing jerseys, sublimated rugby jerseys,custom lacrosse
jerseys and shorts,sublimated Racing shirts,singlets, polo shirts, T-shirts,
jackets, outwear, sweatshirts,sports apparel and accessories for a lot of
sports clubs, teams, schools, media marketing company and so on.